The latest learning technology
The program has three parts:
• Business Speaking,
• Business Writing, &
• Word-Mine Vocabulary
Business Speaking offers focused, effective practice of English skills in over 30 common business settings. Those who are willing to study 2-3 hours a week over several months will see a significant improvement in their level and in international exam test scores.
Students are exposed to over 600 key business expressions in natural contexts that feature speakers from 6 different countries including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore and India. The language that is taught can be easily applied across industries making this a highly practical course in Business English.
Business Speaking provides practice of key language in both formal and informal business settings. Students will practice vocabulary and common expressions through a variety of speaking and listening activities in order to communicate more confidently in the workplace.
Each lesson ends with a test in a dynamic, role-play format to assess if students are able to use new language appropriately in the given context. On completion of the course, students will have a much broader range of vocabulary, and be able to use new language effectively to interact with clients and co-workers.
Business Speaking also includes optional use of blended learning material which complements the digital lessons. There are Hand-outs, Teacher’s Notes, Language Summaries and Audio for group, 1:1, or Skype-type speaking lessons.
At a Glance
- Level: CEFR B1 – B2 | TOEIC® 550 – 900*
- Number of Lessons: 60 (Digital); 30 (Blended)
- Lesson Duration: Approx. 45 mins (Digital); 60 mins (Blended)
- Key Content: Meetings and discussions; Negotiations and sales; Presentations and Q/A; Problems and complaints; Projects and plans; Small talk and networking; Telephoning and conference calls
*TOEIC® is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS). Business Speaking is not endorsed or approved by ETS.
- Content-rich lessons from B1 – B2 level presenting language in 30 of the most common business situations.
- Coverage of over 600 key expressions that are transferable across different industries and work settings.
- A wide range of exercise types including comprehension and practice activities that develop both micro and macro level skills in listening and pronunciation.
- Interactive role-plays that offer realistic conversation practice in everyday business situations.
- A useful Language Study cycle that summarises key phrases, and explains how and when they should be used.
- Material that includes a variety of accents to help prepare learners for interactions with native and non-native speakers of English in the work-place.
There are no reviews yet.